Soursop And Its Benefits To Our Health
Soursop is a green heart-shaped fruit that is native to the tropical regions. The fruit is also known for other names such as Graviola, custard apple, cherimoya, guanabana, and Brazilian paw paw. The outer part of the fruit is prickly with many ridges while the inside is a pulpy, white and creamy texture. It has a mix of sweet and sour taste and the fruit is used in beverages and as ingredients for desserts and pastries.
Soursop is low in calories but high in phytonutrients like protein, fiber, carbohydrates, Vitamin C, Potassium, Magnesium, Thiamine with small amounts of niacin, riboflavin, folate, and iron.
Aside from its cooking purposes, did you know that it is also used as a medicinal plant with many benefits to health? Continue reading and find out for yourself.
- It boosts the immune system. Soursop has so many antioxidants. One test-tube study reveals that the fruit extract has the ability to give protection against free radicals that damage the cells. Another study has shown that the intake of soursop enhances the immune system because of the antioxidants.
- It may help fight cancer. An Indian study was conducted and found that the presence of acetogenins in soursop inhibits the growth of cancer cells by selectively destroying cancer cells without harming the normal human cells. In one test-tube study, it was observed that soursop decreases the size of the tumor and killing off cancer cells.
- It fights bacteria and treats the infection. Soursop has antibacterial effects that effective against infection caused by bacteria and parasites.
- It reduces inflammation. The roots, barks, and leaves of the soursop tree have anti-inflammatory effects that may reduce inflammation may help ease arthritic symptoms.
- Other health benefits that the soursop can give are the following:
- Boosting eye, liver, kidney and gastrointestinal health
- Eases pain
- Relieves fever
- Treats diarrhea
- Aids in the treatment of chronic diseases like hypertension and diabetes
Soursop has a lot of benefits to our health but these are only studies conducted in animals using high amounts of the fruit extract that can not be compared in the amount taken in daily dietary intake. Although the benefits have promising possibilities for our health, further studies in humans are still needed to confirm its effectiveness.
Buy Soursop supplements now and click this link.