Organic Turmeric Root Powder (Curcuma Longa) 1 Pound
Pure Turmeric Root Powder
Also known as
Curcuma Longa, Curcuma, Gauri, Haldi, Indian Saffron, and You Jin.
Turmeric is a tropical perennial plant in the same family as ginger, native to India, and cultivated throughout the tropics around the world. Growing to a height of about three feet (one meter), it bears pairs of lance-shaped leaves on alternate sides of the stem. At the base of the stem, there is a knobby rhizome somewhat resembling ginger.
1-alpha curcumene, 1-beta-curcumene, camphene, camphor, various forms of curcumin.
The rhizome, dried and ground.
Teas, tinctures, and poultices. Many of the healing of benefits of turmeric have been attributed to curcumin, a group of antioxidant compounds found in the rhizome. Although curcumin is available as a standardized extract, the whole herb may be more beneficial for you than the curcumin extract: Only very small amounts of curcumin are absorbed into the bloodstream. Turmeric as a whole herb stays in the digestive tract longer than curcumin, releasing antioxidant curcumin along with other beneficial substances.
As is the case with so many herbs, turmeric should be used in moderation. Too much turmeric used for extended periods of time may cause stomach distress. Since turmeric is included in Ayurvedic formulas for birth control, women trying to become pregnant should limit their consumption of the herb, and it should be avoided entirely while pregnant. Excessive use of turmeric should also be avoided in people with congestive heart failure. The curcumin in turmeric activates a gene called p53. This gene deactivates damaged cells in the heart.
This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- It is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, useful in disinfecting cuts and burns, assists in remodeling of damaged skin and is a natural painkiller
- Reduces the risk of childhood leukemia.
- Is a natural liver detoxifier.
- May prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer's disease by removing amyloyd plaque buildup in the brain.
- When combined with cauliflower, it has shown to prevent prostate cancer and stop the growth of existing prostate cancer.
- May prevent melanoma and destroys existing melanoma cells.
- May prevent metastases from occurring in many different forms of cancer.
- Used in medicine as a treatment for depression.
- Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, it is a natural treatment for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Due to its features it is also used in cosmetics.
Turmeric (curcumin) is rich in Antioxidants, which are disease-fighting substances that clean up free radicals. Properties found in this herb are believed to support better digestion and reduce bloating, stabilization of mood, and support liver health. Also, turmeric is used in many culinary dishes to add flavor and color.
Suggested Use: ½ teaspoon of powder 1-3 times per day
people are currently looking at this product
Estimated delivery time 5-10 days
Guaranteed Safe Checkout